Saturday, May 25, 2013

Toku I Need To Watch

Hey guys. I thought I'd create this list, chronicling each tokusatsu show and movie I really want to see, just to mix things up. I've been talking about the shows and movies I have seen on this blog (I am currently writing my series review of Spider-Man, which is the 40th tokusatsu series I have finished), so I figured I'd let my readers know what shows I actually haven't seen but have right up there on my priority list. This list will be broken down into franchises: the list will start with Ultraman shows I want to see, followed by Kamen Rider, then Super Sentai, followed by Metal Heroes, and then finally shows that aren't part of any of the main franchises. I'll also include some brief reasons why these shows are top priority, and I am also not including shows I am currently watching on a regular basis (meaning no Jetman or Ultraseven for instance) So, let's get started:


ULTRAMAN

Ultraman Leo - Dat opening. Also, because of the overarching storylines and darker atmosphere
Ultraman 80 - Again, dat opening. Plus, for having a unique concept and an interesting lead.
Ultraman Dyna - For it being a direct sequel to my beloved Ultraman Tiga
Ultraman Gaia - The overarching storylines, knock-out SPFX, and the rivalry between Gaia and Agul.
Ultraman Cosmos - I'm curious in the pacifist Ultraman and how it's handled.
Ultraman Max - Ultraman via Shusuke Kaneko and Takashi Miike? Yes, please.

KAMEN RIDER

Kamen Rider V3 - Once I finish the original series, I'm diving right into V3.
Kamen Rider Black RX - For being a sequel to Kamen Rider Black and the wicked cool powers RX has.

SUPER SENTAI

Dengeki Sentai Changeman - I've watched the first 8 episodes, loved it. '80s Sentai at its finest.
Kyoryuu Sentai Zyuranger - The Sentai that changed everything.
Ninja Sentai Kakuranger - From the writer of Dairanger. And again...dat opening.
Denji Sentai Megaranger - I loved the vibe I got from the first episodes I watched.
Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger - The beginning of the legend of Nao Nagasawa.
Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger - From the head writer of Dekaranger, Kuuga, and Gokaiger. Good guy.

METAL HEROES

Uchu Keiji Gavan - It started it all, stars Kenji Ohba, and has some awesome effects.
Sekai Ninja Sen Jiraiya - Dat opening. Also, it's in the title. "World Ninja War Jiraiya". I am down.
Kidou Keiji Jiban - Yes, dat opening. Plus, it's Keita Amemiya's concept and I love his stuff.

MISC. TOKUSATSU

Inazuman - Ban Daisuke starring as another legendary Ishinomori creation? Sounds cool.
Garo - Because everyone keeps telling me how amazing it is. And it's Amemiya again, so of course it is.
Tomica Hero Rescue Force - It's pretty much a Sentai, but without Toei's involvement? Hmm....
Daimajin Kanon - It's the ousted staff of Kamen Rider Hibiki doing Daimajin. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment