Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Note about discrepancies in box office breakdowns

Recently, I've been posting numerous reports and numbers that Kamen Rider films have pulled in from the box office. Unfortunately, it looks like many of these results might be innacurate thanks to the yen to dollar conversions. As a result, I've decided that I only will report how much a film has made in yen, not US dollars to prevent any accuracy. By using the actual numbers, hopefully how well the film is performing (or not) will still come across. For example, Kamen Rider Decade The Movie: All Riders Vs. Great Shocker made 1.9 billion yen during its entire run, and it is to date the highest grossing Kamen Rider film. For comparison, recent box office results have shown that Kamen Rider x Super Sentai x Uchu Keiji: Super Hero War Z has yet to break 750 million yen despite running in theaters for two weeks.

This change will be reflected immediately in the next part of my Den-O retrospective. I haven't decided if I will change my previous articles yet to reflect this, but you will know if I do. Thanks for reading and I hope you'll look forward to my next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment