Sunday, August 17, 2014

I'm Not Dead

To the few dozen people who check in here, hi. I know, it's been two months. I don't have a really good excuse for that, but with classes coming up again I may not be very active on here for the next few months. Still, I'd like to get a few reviews posted by the end of the month. Hit the jump for more info.



-I finally re-watched Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: W & Decade Movie War 2010. This was a few weeks ago, I just haven't gotten around to writing the review yet. But hopefully, you can expect that real soon since I'm about ready to get started on it. Once I get started on a review, it usually takes me one to two days for me to finish it so there ya go.

-Go-Onger part 5 is still in progress of being watched. I finally got around to watching episode 24 today, but I plan on watching the movie before episode 25 (since it was released in theaters between 24 and 25). So, I'll watch the movie and then episode 25 before I post part 5. Then, I should have the review up for the Go-Onger and Kiva movies not too long after that.

Another reason it's taken me so long to write part 5 (aside from the show's quality itself) is that I'm considering changing up the format for my reviews. Instead of going with long-form summaries while adding my commentary (since that doesn't work too well in text), I might go more generalized while still posting screenshots from the episodes/movies. I've considered turning these into video reviews, but I simply don't have the technology to make that possible yet (no good cameras, no editing software, etc.).

-I have mulled over doing a retrospective of Toei's long-running "Manga Matsuri", which showcased several tokusatsu films between the late 1960s through the late 1980s, but finding material (in English) has proven to be really difficult, and I've had a hard time trying to tackle how to structure it. So that's another reason why activity on here has been minimal. I'd love to get it up in the next few months, but it's uncertain at the moment.

Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry it's been quiet around here lately. I'm still watching tons of tokusatsu. Megaranger is a lot of fun and exemplary of what made '90s Sentai so great. I'm about to finally start Kamen Rider Black RX since Mr. Stone got the whole thing fansubbed, so I can't wait for that. Gaim is still awesome, ToQger is still meh although the last few episodes have shown improvement. I finished The Magnificent Zubat and it was very, well, magnificent. Definitely one of the best '70s tokusatsu I've finished, right up there with Kikaider. Speaking of '70s tokusatsu, Inazuman was really solid. I'd die to see J.N. Productions release Inazuman Flash over here someday.

Oh, and it's starting to look like my 50th finished tokusatsu series is going to be Megaranger, unless I watch all 47 episodes of Black RX in the next two weeks. As likely as that may sound considering my love of Black, I wouldn't count on it.

I guess that just about does it for my rambling. Tune in next time, which will probably be my review for Movie War 2010. Keep up the fight for freedom until then, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment